Friday, August 12, 2016

Who are you?



Well it has been a day or two since I decided to start a blog…like 16 months to be exact, so I guess you could say that I am not very faithful to the blog world, but anyway here is entry #2. J
My last blog was about finding TRUTH in situations in your life even when all the FACTS around you scream the opposite.  There is only one way to find truth and that is in the word of God.  What does He say about your situation, your sickness, your marriage, your co-workers who drive you crazy (not mine, of course)….most importantly what does He say about YOU?  Who does He say you are?
Over the past couple of days I have come in contact with some people whose “situations” have broken my heart.   I guess that is why I decided to blog again about this particular subject.  I think so many people in our world today have no clue who they are, especially who they are in Christ.
 I have heard that raising children is 18 years of letting go and the older my kids get the more I realize that is so true.  I have been challenged this week to really pound into my kids who they are in Christ.  Let’s face it…there are going to be times that we don’t get what we think we want.  We aren’t going to make the sports team we wanted, we aren’t going to get in the play we wanted, we aren’t going to make Show Choir, we aren’t going to be picked for who’s who, we aren’t chosen for the homecoming court, we aren’t going to get the job we want, we aren’t able to have the children we thought we would have, we aren’t going to be married to the person we thought we would be married to for the rest of our life….these are real FACTUAL situations that us or our children could find ourselves in.  But, do we let them define who we are?  NO, we have to get TRUTH from God’s word other than looking at the FACTS that seem to surround us.  
Satan and the world will want to tell us that we are not good enough, not pretty enough, not talented enough, not popular enough, not skinny enough, not nice enough, not rich enough, not athletic enough, the list could go on and on.  What we have to do for ourselves is to find out the TRUTH about who we really are.  If you are a parent it is so important to teach your kids the TRUTH about who they really are.  I am challenged more than ever to be the person that Christ wants me to be and especially more than ever about teaching my kids who God says they are.  So who are you?  Who does God’s word say you are?
Well, if you are a believer here is just a little bit of TRUTH about who He says you are.  Don’t let anyone tell you any different.
You are a child of God, You are justified, You are redeemed, You have been completely forgiven, You have been made righteous, You are forever free from condemnation, You are accepted by Christ, You are triumphant, You are a new creation, You are His workmanship, You are a royal priesthood, You are an enemy of the devil, You are created in His image….so You must be AMAZING!

1 comment: